You are here: Frequently Asked Questions > General FAQ
How does website2Go work?
Website2Go is a Web creation tool that works entirely on our server, so there's no software to install or learn. You just create your site or make changes to it by using an easy-to-use online interface, and the changes happen immediately.
Does website2Go require special software?
No special software is required. If you can see this page, you have all you need. Website2Go does everything for you via your web browser. We recommend using the latest full-release versions of either Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Do I have to know HTML?
No, you need never see HTML. To customize your template, just enter the text and upload any images that you want to appear on the pages. Of course, if you want to include HTML on a page, you can.
What if I don't know anything about the Web?
No problem! Website2Go was designed for users who don't want to divert time and energy learning new software or acquiring Web publishing skills. Website2Go's template-based system lets you modify one of our professionally-designed templates to create a unique Web site for your business. The only requirements are your favorite browser, your knowledge of your business, and your active imagination.
Can I try website2Go before I buy?
You can create a site right now, with our free test drive.
Do you offer dial-up internet access?
No, you will need local Internet access in order to maintain your web site and retrieve email addressed to your site. Use your existing ISP, AOL, or whatever you're using right now to read this page.
What's included with my website2Go Subscription?
• Design - Choose from a growing library of professionally-designed templates that you can customize in minutes to represent your business online.
• Custom web address (domain name) - Transfer your existing domain name (www.yourcompany.com), or use our exclusive automated domain name registration system to get one of your own.
• Hosting - Get your business online and keep it online with the most up-to-date technology for just pennies per day. Never an extra charge for updating your site to keep pace with your business!
• Professional phtography - Each website2Go template includes professional images from PhotoDisc, the world leader in stock photography, which are yours to use free as you see fit.
• Grows with your needs - Your website2Go subscription includes 20 MB of server space, enough for about 500 website pages.
• Nothing else to buy - Realize savings in the hundreds if not thousands of dollars when comparing website2Go's costs with those you would otherwise incur with design services, custom programming consultants, and expensive software you would need to buy and upgrade.
• Free search engine listing - Your business can be listed with the major search engines on the Internet automatically. Your site can be continually updated with these search engines when you officially go online.
• Email feedback from your customers- An automated system forwards email from your website visitors right to your existing email account. Add a response form to any page with one mouse click!
• Link to other sites - Adding links to any page is as easy as adding text.
• Custom email address - Use your own custom email address on your business cards, stationary, and other advertising you do.
...and much, much, more.
How does website2Go compare to the competition?
We don't think there is a comparison. In addition to being cost effective, website2Go provides breakthrough, easy-to-use site creation tools, professionally-designed business templates, and a wide range of special services you can install on your site.
Website2Go focuses on a single service: automated website publishing, to get your business onto the Web in a hurry. By doing so, we avoid the unnecessary overhead associated with providing other ISP and custom web development services. As a result, we are able to offer a superior product and service at an incredibly reasonable price.
Our technicians closely monitor technology trends, incorporating the most valuable advancements into website2Go so you can harness their power for your business. We offer the finest technology and hosting services available, in a way that's easy and affordable...so that you can concentrate on doing what you do best: running your business.
What do you mean by automated website publishing services?
Using only your web browser, you will be able to create a sophisticated and dynamic website for your business. No technical knowledge is required. The entire set-up and design process - from obtaining a domain name to promoting your new site to the major search engines - is the easiest, most powerful system of it's kind. And it's fun, too!
What's the catch? How can website2Go offer such a wide range of sophisticated services for so little?
No catch. By automating many services that traditionally have been done manually, we can pass the savings on to you. It's that simple. And what it means is that we can provide you with low-cost access to powerful technology and specialized skills that might otherwise not be reasonably affordable to your business.
Does my site have to look the same as all the others?
Far from it. You can generate a completely unique look for your site with one mouse click.
Will I be able to use my own pictures?
Yes. Website2Go lets you upload your own graphics and images. No extra software is required.
Can I change a site once I've created it?
You can update your site as often as you want, in any browser, from any computer with an Internet connection. Some of our customers update their site several times a day.
When can I start making my website?
You can start building your Web site right now! Website2Go is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, which gives you the opportunity to work on your Web site anytime you want.
How long does it take to get my website online with website2Go?
Your site can be online delivering pages worldwide in just a few minutes, and in an hour or less you can have a robust and sophisticated site ready for your customers and prospects.
How do I attract traffic to my Web site?
Your website2Go subscription includes free use of our automated site promotion system. After entering your site's description and keywords, just indicate with which search engines you'd like to register. We'll even let you know via email when each one accepts your site, automatically.
Do you offer web page design services?
No. Feel free to work with a local graphic designer to help with your custom images.
Do you host sites with adult content?
No. See our Terms & Conditions for details.
What if I still need help?
First, read this FAQ - we've tried to anticipate most common questions. Check the User Guide for explanations of the various tools and services in more depth. If you still need help, don't hesitate to call our customer support department toll-free at 877-WEB-2002, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is Atomicweb, LLC?
Headquartered in Washington, DC, Atomicweb has been producing world-class websites for government and industry since 1994. We developed website2Go to put the benefits of our knowledge and experience into the hands of small business owners at a very reasonable price.
You are here: Frequently Asked Questions > General FAQ